LAST UPDATED: April 20, 2021
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- WHEN AND WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE SHARE IT WITH.
- HOW YOU CAN RESTRICT INTERNET TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- INTERNATIONAL USE.
- HOW TO ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- HOW TO CONTACT US.
- Directly Identifying Information. Non-public information that identifies an individual directly, such as his or her name, street or e-mail addresses, social security number, birthday, and phone number;
- Information Identifiable to an Individual. Information that identifiably belongs to a particular individual, even though it may not be a direct identifier, such as his or her computer’s internet protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device hardware ID information and geolocation data (“Locations“), and cookies and other internet tracking data used in web browsers and other software (“Cookies“); and
- Information about Individuals. Other information that can reasonably be associated with or identified to an individual, such as his or her interests, job, personal characteristics, and preferences.
As a rule, we do not currently collect or retain any individual’s personal information on our Website other than Locations and Cookies. However, when you submit your name and address to us respecting a possible product assembly, we retain that Directly Identifying Information.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Summary of the Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect.
The chart below summarizes the categories and types of personal information we have collected about users in the last 12 months. Not all of the information listed below has necessarily been collected for every individual: what types and amounts of information are actually collected about any particular individual in any given 12-month period depends on how that individual uses our Website.
|Categories of Information||Specific Types Collected in the Last 12 Months|
|Personal Identifiers||· Name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number (if the user has provided them to us).
· IP address and other online identifiers (obtained from our Website usage data).
|Internet and Other Electronic and Network Activity||· Data about a user’s online browsing, search, and chat activity that may be generated by cookies or other tracking technologies placed on any electronic devices the individual has used to visit our Website use our services or to communicate with us electronically.
· Information about the source of the user’s information about us and how the user arrived a tour Website the user has visited or was directed to one of our services; e.g., what links the user may have clicked to arrive at one of our Website.
· Data about a user’s interactions with Website, applications and ads not on our own Website or services.
See the section titled “Types of Information Automatically Collected when You Visit Our Websites” for more information about how we collect this type of information.
|Metadata and Geolocation Data||· When you access one of our Website, information about your geographic location (associated with your device’s IP address or device ID information) may be transmitted to us by your electronic device or the software you use on it.|
Types Of Information Automatically Collected When You Visit Our Websites.
We (and certain vendors we work with) automatically collect and store data about visitors to our Website and other online services using cookies and other online tracking technologies, including:
- Device: The IP address, browser type and operating system, and other information about the device used to access our Website or ]
- Location information: The IP address and other location information that may be transmitted by a user’s device. Whether this information is transmitted, how specific
it is and how much of it there is depends on what type of device the user is using and how it is configured.
Data collected this way might not identify you on its own, but may be combined with information from other sources to identify your interests and preferences. We may use the information derived from these technologies for data analytics, personalized advertising and other marketing purposes.
As described above, we generally collect personal information directly from you automatically (electronically) when you use our Website.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use personal information to:
- Provide users with information about our products and service their requests;
- Communicate with users about our products and services (such as pricing, availability and other information we believe they may be interested in);
- Customize content we deliver to users on our Website;
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting;
- Conduct transactions;
- Send users notices about things like transactions;
- Conduct research on our Website’s visitors to improve our sites and services and for use in our business and product planning; and
- Conduct any other legitimate business
4. WHEN AND WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE SHARE IT WITH.
We may use and share any of the information we collect, including personal information, in whatever ways we believe are reasonable and consistent with fair business practices and the law. This includes sharing personal information of each of the types described above with the following categories of third parties for the following reasons:
- Affiliated Companies. Affiliated companies are companies that are part of our corporate family through some significant shared ownership interest or licenses . We may share personal information with affiliated companies to coordinate and facilitate the performance of certain business functions by us for and on behalf of SPAR.
- Payment Processors. Third-party payment processors may process payments for products and services that users When you provide information to a payment processor, it is subject to its own terms, conditions and policies, and not ours. We are not responsible in any way for such information.
- Data Analytics Services and Cookies. When you use our Website and online services, third-party data analytics services such as Google Analytics may collect data about you and your activities, including personal information, using cookies, pixels, tracking beacons and similar These parties may also use the aggregated data
they collect on our Website for their own business purposes. We recommend learning about how Google collects and processes such data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, and about your rights related that data and their collection of it, including controls available to manage collection and use of your information, at https://policies.google.com/privacy. For more information on how to manage your data, see the section below titled “How You Can Restrict Tracking Technologies and Personalized Advertising.”
- Business Transactions. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with a business transaction such as a financing, reorganization, merger, or substantial sale of a
- Third-Party Platforms. Our Website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please recognize that when you click such a link, you are leaving our We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites or services, whether we link to them or not. We encourage you to read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the other sites and services you use.
We retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide you with services and products you request, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and serve other legitimate business purposes. We may also retain and use user information for our legitimate marketing purposes (unless you instruct us to stop sending communications to you: see the section titled “How You Can Opt Out of Promotional Emails” below).
5. HOW YOU CAN RESTRICT TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING.
You can control how cookies and other internet and similar technologies track and log data about your internet use and deliver personalized ads to you on our Website and others. These controls include:
- Browser Settings. Managing the settings of your browsers, apps and devices, including preferences for how your content and information are stored;
- Flash Cookies. Managing flash cookies (which are used to display personalized ads) by clicking
here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/s ettings_manager07.html;
- Third-Party Data Collectors. Communicating directly with third parties that may collect data on Website you visit, such as:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy;
- Adobe: https://com/privacy.html;
- Facebook: https://com/privacy/explanation;and
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy;
- Security SoftwarePurchasing software that can be installed install on your devices to limit third parties’ ability to track your browsing activity;
- Digital Advertising Alliance. Visiting http://optout.aboutads.info to learn more about personalized advertising and how to opt out of it through your browser with companies in the Digital Advertising Alliance;
- Do-Not-Track Requests. Enabling your browser’s Do Not Track (“DNT”) function to automatically request Website not track DNT requests are only honored by some advertisers and websites. Our Website does not respond to DNT signals.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
If you click on a third-party link or ad on our website, you will be transferred away from our website and onto the third party’s site. The companies that control third party internet sites, mobile applications, and services may collect your IP address and information that originated from our services and set cookies to enable their features to function and track your usage. Any links we may provide to third-party websites, mobile applications, or social media platforms, are not endorsements of their contents, and we are in no way responsible for them or your use of them. Your interactions with any Third-Party Social Media Services and third-party websites, mobile applications and services are governed by their respective terms, conditions and policies, which you should consult before submitting or allowing any collection of personal information by them. This includes Third-Party Social Media Service functions embedded in or accessible from our own Website (such as links to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter links, and the Facebook “like” and Twitter “retweet” buttons).
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use commercially reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate for the nature of the personal information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee your personal information will be completely secure from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or alteration. Electronic storage and transmission of information inherently involves risk. To protect the security of any accounts you may use on our Website, we recommend you use a complex password that is different from ones you use elsewhere, do not share them with others, and, if written down, store them securely. Remember to log out when you finish using your account to prevent others from accessing your information.
We will NEVER ask your social insurance number, taxpayer identification number or similarly sensitive private security information. If you are ever asked to provide such information, it will not be by us. We are not in any way responsible for information you share with third parties, including when making transactions and using your credit and debit cards. We encourage you to follow established security protocols and verify the identities of any parties you share information within any online transaction.
8. INTERNATIONAL USE.
Our Website services are intended for users in Canada. If you reside or are located in a different country, the legal protections that apply to your personal information may differ from those under Canadian. law. Be aware that when you provide or we obtain your personal information in connection with your use of our Website, it is transferred to our location in the United States and processed according to U.S. law.
10. HOW TO ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can correct, update, or make changes to the information we have about you by contacting us using one of the methods in the section titled “How to Contact Us” below. You may request we not use your information to provide services to you by emailing us or by postal mail to the addresses below.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US.
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at: (416) 783-2676 x235; or
- mail to: 10 Planchet Road, Unit 21, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada, L4K 2C8